Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Creative Mind

I recently asked my parents what I was like as a child ... kinda wondering if they saw any inkling of creativity in me when I was growing up. They said that I was just a normal, happy little girl. I try to think back to my teenage years and I do remember being somewhat creative, but because I was involved in my "extra-curricular" activities, and those of you who knew me then will so know what I mean, (I had way to much fun). I never allowed myself to grow or explore that side of my personality until I became an adult. (I guess you can consider me an adult.)  I have done everything from tole painting to wedding cakes, but I have to say that I never knew my full potential until I wrote DarkStar. It was such an exceptional experience and I feel that my creative mind was really put to the test. Writing a book is amazing. To be able to create your very own world and fill it with interesting characters that you develop is intriguing. To be able to determine their words, feelings, actions, expressions, etc., is a difficult task but also a rewarding one. Once one reaches into their inner soul and projects this creativity, little else compares - at least from my perspective.

With the venture that I have taken on with Matt Lande, it has been an amazing experience to sit back, watch and listen as he took my words into a whole new perspective. Before Matt read DarkStar, I gave him an idea sheet containing some of my thoughts as to what I might want included in the writing of my DarkStar song. I told him they were just ideas but to use his own creative mind and expertise to write the song. Well, as you all know, in reading my novel, Matt was inspired to write three songs instead of one. It amazes me how he took my words and engaged them into his realm of creative thinking and wrote amazing lyrics with the same emotion with which I wrote the story--but from his perspective and giving them deeper meaning by adding music...a musical synopsis. So cool.

The past few days I have been pondering the words to my DarkStar songs as well as three of the songs Matt recently recorded for his Welcome Home the Child album and I am in awe of the depth of his designs. Music has always been a big part of my life and being able to observe this amazing artist hone his craft and tap into his inner self to write such awesome music has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. It has taken my appreciation of the mind to a whole new level. With my writing, I am only beginning to learn the capacity of what my mind is capable of and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to observe and learn from Matt Lande. The depth of his thinking and the emotion with which he writes his lyrics and music will forever change the way I view things.

Matt knows how much I appreciate his unique and brilliant talent--but I just want everyone else to know. He is truly a master of his craft....the master of a truly creative mind....someone you should definitely pay attention too. Thanks Matt for being part of my DarkStar world and teaching me so much! :)xo

Talk soon:)xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment