Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Writer's Digest DarkStar Review

Yesterday I received a fun surprise in the mail. I had forgotten that I submitted DarkStar to "Writer's Digest" and I received an award and evaluation! So cool:) Thought I'd share...

Judge's commentary:

 "The writing is smooth and rich with this author's passion for telling an exciting tale. The book is well structured in the way the plot unfolds and Alec's adventure entertains with the help of many surprises along the way. The author writes an engaging narrative of her protagonists' journey into the realm of wizardry and magic, and the inherent suspense is fully realized. Alec and Amrie and the other character's, both the hero's and villains, are, individually and collectively, certainly strong enough to carry this narrative, which prompts the reader's interest in always wanting to know what will happen next."

On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 meaning "poor" and 5 meaning "excellent," this is how they rated DARKSTAR:

Plot: 3  (I still feel good about this)

Grammar: 5  !! (not bad for a country hick...huh..huh:))

Character Development: 4 :)

Production quality and cover design: 4 :)

That's 16 out of 20......SWEET! For being my very first attempt at writing and doing it by myself by self publishing, I think I did pretty good. Can you tell I'm excited:)

HAPPY FEBRUARY! The SWEET month!:)

Talk Soon:)xo

No comments:

Post a Comment